Tuesday, November 23, 2010

English 11E, Tues. Nov. 23

I returned your wonderful poetry manuscripts. We'll have a poetry cafe next Monday. Be prepared to read your two favorite poems. Bring goodies to share with the class.

Today, I handed out the novel contract and showed samples of what I expect. These projects are due Dec. 7th, a Tues. You have two weeks.

Tonight, enter the Poetic Licence Contest for Canadian Youth. It's an electronic submission. All the details are on http://www.youngpoets.ca/
Bring me the email that shows you have sumbitted.
You may also submit to BCTELA, Claremont Review contest and/or magazine, The Aerie and Polyphony HS Magazine. Pick up the forms for BCTELA and C.R. contest from me.

Read your novel tonight. You should be finished it by next Tuesday so you can start all your projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment