Friday, November 1, 2013

Hi Susan,
 Block 1- I was late for this block as the ADS called me at 6:01 and 6:10 am to cancel me for today. Apperently this happened to another TOC in the building too. The IT guys are trying to figure out what happened, but no solution yet.
 Anyways! Got to school at 9:25 and a counsellor was looking after the class; I told Christine they were to watch TKAMB so that's what they were doing when I got here, but they have 10 mins left on the DVD. Wasn't quite timed right like it would have been otherwise. Abby and Antonia worked in the library. Vince worked on his quiet logs;  however, Nolan did not want to. They know logs due Monday, markers and printing prior to class. They were told and it is also written on the board.
 I reminded them about field trip money as did the counsellor( sorry, don't know her name.)

 Block 2: Writing 12. Reminded them of field trip money. I couldn't find your poetry folder to return their work... sorry. Wrote all the writing instructions on board re: it's and its, cut out wordiness etc and told them to write it all down for reference.
  Small class but they all worked well.

 Block 3: subbed for Allison
 Block 4: They've all pleaded ignorance on the rubric lol so I've photocopied a bunch and handed them out again!! Another small class, but they worked well in the lab.

               Cheers,
                            Hilary