Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Writing 12: Working with description and the narrative poem form

We finished the exercise from yesterday. The next three prompts are  I remember on that day I was thinking only of . . . and But now I remember and then But now I remember . . .


Do you happen to have your Naming the Baby book with you?

We will look at five narrative poems in there today, pages 190, 195, 197, 205, 223 and then we will write a narrative poem. It tells a vivid story with a sense of character/pt. of view but it opens up at the end instead of closing down . . . . makes you read it all over again

Narration in a poem keeps the reader engaged in the wild language and exquisite themes.


Tonight: Read the poems on pages 190 and 195. Use these examples to coach you through writing a narrative poem. Also, use our criteria sheet.

If you were absent today, ask me for a criteria list.

Bring your draft of your narrative poem to class tomorrow.