Monday, January 16, 2012

AP Lit

I collected the poetry compositions today (Larkin or Owen) but due to the fact that I neglected to post the due date on a previous blog, you may submit the poem composition to me during Wednesday's class or via email. I really look forward to reading them.

From today's lesson I hope you came away with a clear sense of how to tackle the composition question and I also hope that you feel proud of what you have accomplished--you are analysis kings and queens and your love for literature and empathy for Willy's character was clearly evident in all of the compositions that I read.

If you did not fully complete today's composition analysis, it is due Wednesday.
If you would like to re-write today's composition, study, read samples on-line, practice. I will set up a lunch time session where all those who want to re-write meet on the same day--T, W, Th, work for me.

This re-write will need to be completed next week. Even if you did well on today's assignment, I encourage you to come to this session in order to get more practice and more feedback.

Poetry Research Project is due Mon. Jan. 30th. No lates accepted. If you are not able to meet this deadline, speak to me (in person) not via email to discuss your request and possibly to make an alternate deadline. You may wish to choose your theme before Wednesday (to stay ahead). Themes can be general, i.e. love or specific: unrequited love, diaspora, technology, materialism, looking back, ambition, spirituality. The list is endless.