Thursday, January 5, 2012

English 10 A

Wonderful to see your bright faces again! Especially Paloma's version of "assuaged". That is a picture I'll never forget. I'm laughing as I write this. Way to go Paloma!

Using gestures is a terrific way to help the brain recognize words. We've been creating pictures, using the words in context, remembering the part of speech, and now adding a gesture. Find which way works best for you. Use the words in other course work, too. Thanks for that tip, Ashley.

Be sure that your Shelfari is up to date. You can add all the books you read over Xmas to your shelf. I read 7 books over the holidays so I'm feeling pretty excited about reading again.

Homework: Make sure that your novel is filled with the post-its you'll need to create a clear quotation log and literary essay. We'll be working on that next week.

Study the vocabulary and be prepared for a quiz on Monday. Please bring your blue folders to class on Monday.
Have a great weekend.