Wednesday, December 11, 2013

English 12: Great work today on the essay!

I will return the introductions tomorrow. I'm editing for style but mostly for insight to ensure that your thesis statements will work for you.

Today we wrote two paragraphs during class.

Arrive tomorrow ready to be marked on your intro, first and second body paragraphs.

Tomorrow, we will write the third body paragraph and the conclusion.

Read through your package for samples and criteria.

Friday: Peer Editing. Arrive with a copy of your essay double spaced. I must see it so you get marks for being organized and on-time and for being able to participate in the peer editing.

If you do not get the conclusion finished during class Thursday, I won't penalize you
as I don't want to assign homework for Friday's class.

YOU CANNOT PRINT DURING CLASS FRIDAY. IF YOU NEED TO PRINT A COPY OF THE ESSAY, PLEASE DO SO AT LUNCH. MY ROOM WILL BE OPEN.

MARKS FOR PEER EDITING.

BE SHARP.

Monday: Essay, peer edited draft and the quote log are due.

No late work is accepted. If you are absent, you need to email me all the work Monday.

Monday we start our next unit: opinion writing.. Yay, Jack Knox.