Friday, February 17, 2012

AP Lit

I really enjoyed the presentations on the first four sections of chapter 5 today. Thank you!
Tuesday, Jen, Hannah and Zac will present the final section of the book and then we will share your THESIS statements. Hannah, Joseph, and Zac, I'll email you the notes. Joseph, since you missed presenting today, you can hand me your notes on your section and I'll mark those instead.

TUES: wrap up the novel, final comments, time to ask questions, etc Prep for the two compositions

Wed: Composition on a passage from Joyce

Fri: Compositon on a generic question. I may choose one from the list of previous AP questions. I gave you this handout earlier in the year so if you have misplaced it, ask me for a new one. It has approximately 22 of the previous section 3 essay questions on there. Look there to get a sense of the question. We focused on the artist and his/her role in society. It would be good to review Shelley and Byron for this section as well as Catholic terminology. (Spark notes has an extensive vocabulary list you may wish to peruse).

I also have several Joyce passages with multiple choice questions which I will give you for AP exam prep. They are good to use since they help you review Joyce while at the same time, learning the formulaic way that the questions are asked. Yay....

What shall we do next? Camus or Sophocles before spring break?