Monday, September 9, 2013

English 12: "A & P" paragraphs due tomorrow: Tues. Sept. 10

Double space the good copy. Staple it on top of the edited draft.

For those of you who did not get a peer to edit today because you arrived without your homework complete, you must edit the paragraph yourself--circle, underline, cross out, etc. OR get another member of the class to edit your paragraph. You have the same deadline as everyone else.

Tuesday: Good copy plus draft is due.

As you re-write, decide where to focus:

  • Do I need quote citation and quote integration help? Read the handouts. Remember what you did last year. 
  • Do I need to elevate my diction and use stronger verbs and make each part of my sentences parallel?
  • Do I need to vary my sentence beginnings? Do I need to use synonyms? 
  • Do I need to explain my examples in more detail? 
  • Do I need to ensure that I have really proven my thesis?
  • Do I need better transitional words? 
  • Do I need more insight? (Re-read the story. Look for better examples). 
  • Do I need help? Do I need a tutor? Do I need to make an appointment with Ms. Stenson? 

Know what you need. 

Know how to get the help you need. 


USSR 

This year you need to read one book per month minimum for USSR. You need to choose books from the list on the course outline. 

Today I did a book talk on most of the options. 

We also signed out our short story text.